With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, enjoy this sweet treat with a loved one! Recipe from Sweet Simple Vegan.
- 5-6 medium-sized bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons cacao powder or carob powder
TOPPINGS OF CHOICE, SUCH AS:
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- cacao nibs
- In a food processor, process the bananas until they start to break down into the ice cream.
- Turn off the processor. Scrape down the sides and add in the cacao.
- Allow it to process again for another 3-4 minutes, or until fluffy and smooth. You may need to open and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Decorate liberally with toppings.
Notes: You can also make this ice cream in a high speed blender. Just be sure to thaw the bananas for about 10 minutes prior to ease the blending.