Back by request, join fellow members for the Co-op Soup Swap and get your freezer stocked with delicious homemade soups that make it easy to keep the soup on throughout this busy season. Share recipes and sample all the soups, too!
When: Monday, December 9, 6-8 p.m.
Where: The home of Paige Everly, 2318 California Street in Cedar Falls
What: A casual, fun night to swap prepared soups and exchange recipes.
Why: Because soup is good and nothing is better on a cold winter night. Because you deserve a break in December – make soup once, take lots of different soups home to enjoy throughout the month!
- Bring 5 quarts of pre-made soup in 1-quart containers that are or can be frozen (you may bring more quarts if you wish).
- Bring 1 additional quart of soup, heated, for sampling. We will have crockpots available if you don’t have one! But please, bring the soup at least partially heated.
- Bring as many copies of your recipe as you bring containers of soup. Make sure all ingredients are accurately listed to accommodate those with dietary needs.
- Bring your favorite beverage to keep the evening festive.
- Bring a bowl to save on paper bowls (but we will have a few available, if you forget!).
- After sampling soups and mingling, you will choose the soups you want to take home. You will take home as many quarts of different soups as you brought.
Get out those cookbooks and be prepared to wow your co-op community!